Thread: punto 60s lowered 60mm

punto 60s lowered 60mm

right ive been reading through the website on different threads, ive read that lowering 60mm on a 60s will not be the same as 60mm on a gt due to weight of the engine, does anybody have any pics of there 60s lowered 60mm on sporting wheels? or does anybody no if the springs will lower 60mm not matter what spec of car?

any info would be appreciated thanks

Banned
    60mm 60s springs will lower a sporting or GT 40(ish) mm. as GT's and Sportings are already lowered 20mm as standard over the 60s. sure i will be corrected if im wrong..

so gt or sporting springs will lower as much as they say.. i.e.. 60 lowers 60..

but 60s springs etc, will lower 20 less, ie.. 60mm will only lower 40mm

hope im right. had to think about it lol

Thumbs up

my brothers old 75 was lowered 60mm on sporting wheels, dont have any pictures but it looked well smart, he had nothing but problems with it being so low and since he only got lowering springs it f***ed his standard shocks etc. i'd advise lowering 35mm to be on the safe side or getting a full kit with dampers in etc but obviously up to you.

Welsh Events Organiser
    Mine is lowered 60mm, theres pics with it with mk2 sporting rims on 45 profile which may be approx the same ride height as mk1 sporting wheels, i never had problems with speedbumps only they were really aggressive. just got springs for your model, there so cheap anyway

Quote Originally Posted by jamiequin View Post
    60mm 60s springs will lower a sporting or GT 40(ish) mm. as GT's and Sportings are already lowered 20mm as standard over the 60s. sure i will be corrected if im wrong..

so gt or sporting springs will lower as much as they say.. i.e.. 60 lowers 60..

but 60s springs etc, will lower 20 less, ie.. 60mm will only lower 40mm

hope im right. had to think about it lol
    this is what ive read elsewhere too but the springs and shocks set i have found says 60mm lowering and it says its for 60/sporting and gt so if this is the case he is advertising it wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by gt dom View Post
    my brothers old 75 was lowered 60mm on sporting wheels, dont have any pictures but it looked well smart, he had nothing but problems with it being so low and since he only got lowering springs it f***ed his standard shocks etc. i'd advise lowering 35mm to be on the safe side or getting a full kit with dampers in etc but obviously up to you.
    i lowered my old sporting 60 on the front and about 80 on the back on standard shocks that y it ended the way it did, anyway im guna get a full kit this time. and tbh 35mm just isnt low enuf 4 me. cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Joif View Post
    Mine is lowered 60mm, theres pics with it with mk2 sporting rims on 45 profile which may be approx the same ride height as mk1 sporting wheels, i never had problems with speedbumps only they were really aggressive. just got springs for your model, there so cheap anyway
    im rite in thinking your is a 60s yeh? are mk2 sporting rims 14's? cheers